Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First of the Year

This year should prove to be interesting. There's a cross-the-country move on the table, as well as a long list of races that will hopefully culminate in a stab at the Age Group Nationals Olympic distance race in Burlington, VT. All that might take a while, so the first thing I've decided to do with my new year is participate in the Shelton Harriers Mason County Cross.
It's an 8k in the deep, dark heart of Shelton, Wa. Maybe not your first stop for a tourist destination, but if you want a good cross country race, I have a feeling this is where you'll find it.
Terrain and gas money aside, I have a feeling I'll be getting some bang for my buck. The race is only $10.00 on Active.com and $15.00 day of. You can form teams or run solo. All in all, the websites make it sound like a fun adventure. Weather Underground predicts 40 degrees and a chance of horribly, nasty, foul, cold rain, which is the standard winter weather for this area.
What could be more fun than running through buckets of mud and cold in a huge group of people? If you're like me, you know the answer to that is not much. I personally worship at the church of mud and when I say Sunday Best, I mean my Adidas Adios, some bodyglide and not much else.
Happy trails, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment